Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2013

Greenspeed Anura Quad Velomobile







This is a velomobile intended for easy access and practical use in the cooler climate where I live. The Quest is a long range rocket ship whereas this machine is great for short runs to the supermarket or into the village for a coffee/errand etc. It's a 2013 Greenspeed Anura Quad which of course is a great bike just by itself. The high Anura seat position is a real joy and I recommend these machines for their ease of use. The velo has a light stainless frame and a simple corflute cover with a boot compartment.  The roof hinges at the back and lifts off if not required. The perspex windscreen keeps the cold weather off your face and makes for a comfortable ride. I am thinking of swapping out the front to a single wheel Anura trike set up. That way I can put a electric hub wheel on the front to really show how machines like this can become a car alternative on a smaller scale. I also wanted to promote the madness of fossil fuel mentality as you can see. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Visions of trying to get up High Street come to mind. I come from Dunedin but moved to Japan a couple of years ago. Surfing around the internet regarding velomobiles I came to your blog via Wim Harwig. It's a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific! Did you make this? If so, you might consider doing it for other Anura owners. What an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there gse, A local guy welded up the frame off a design i came up with. Seems to me, any recumbent can be framed with narrow steel or stainless and faired with corflute (tidier than mine too). I have since returned the trike to a 3 wheel Anura and fitted a Smart Pie E motor front wheel 48 volt system. I believe full time head in potential is the future of velomobiles or in the rain, we have no advantage over a $20 bicycle. E motors are not expensive, yet they vastly change the practicality of a moderate performing velo. Thanks for your input, ride safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have the Quest Velomobile? If so how is it going for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ello Hadley, Thanks for the message. No I don't have it any more but wish I did at times. I have been riding electric bikes lately mainly for a short commute and a bit of playing around in the weekend. Velomobiles are great for longer rides of course as you just want to keep going once you start. Ride safe, Peter

      Delete
  5. Hello Hadley, Thanks for the message. No I don't have it any more but wish I did at times. I have been riding electric bikes lately mainly for a short commute and a bit of playing around in the weekend. Velomobiles are great for longer rides of course as you just want to keep going once you start. Ride safe, Peter

    ReplyDelete