Total Pageviews

Monday 5 September 2011

Dunedin Peninsula Ride

Hi All

Had a day off today so decided to head down the Peninsula for a velomobile ride.  Geographically, Dunedin is a harbour town at the apex of 2 Peninsulas running out to the sea on either side of  the city.  Ships come and go up this passageway to visit Dunedin. The trip was glorious with sea air, aromatic lupins and great views.  Lupins have such an uplifting aroma I always find, which you can miss in a car.  I don't usually go down during weekdays as there is more traffic than in weekends.  I usually find vehicles react well to considerate velomobile riding and they give me a good reception. Back at the city later on I had the usual crowd of eager fans around the bike to talk with.  The "lecture" finale was received with disbelief as I packed a load of groceries in the quests tail.  I hope you enjoy some pics of todays ride.  





No comments:

Post a Comment